The Original wooden Beecher school house, erected on the southwest corner of Saginaw Rd. and Coldwater Rd., was used as the Distirct Library. The Tornado of '53 completely distroyed the structure. In 1954 the present building was constructed in its location and renamed the Beecher Memorial Library.
A Memorial_Plaque was erected on its lawn with the names of those that had perished in the storm.
Beecher Memorial Library
On June 8, 1953, 8:35pm, the deadliest tornado in Michigan history struck the northern Flint community of Beecher-- killing 116 and injuring 844 along its path.